Due to the loosening of COVID restrictions:
• This was our first in-person meeting since February 2020!
• The next School Committee meeting (5/25) will also be conducted in person at the NKHS auditorium.
• As restrictions continue to loosen, stay tuned for more good news about Prom and Graduation!
A vaccination clinic for students 12-15 will be conducted by the NKFD similar to those
held for older students and teaching staff in late May. A notice will be sent out to
parents by Dr. Auger.
• a new 30-passenger bus to replace an aging bus with mechanical issues. The older bus will be used as a spare should there be any other issues with the aging transportation fleet.
• athletic equipment for the track and field
• a new curriculum called enVision Mathematics that will provide equity of access to high quality math lessons for ALL students in grades 6-8 across the district.
• the first read (out of two required) for a new School Committee policy to ensure compliance with Title IX Rules as promulgated by the RI Department of Education regarding the School Department’s response to claims of sexual harassment and the maintenance of a learning environment free from harassment and discrimination on the basis of sex.